onLookupFailed 55 1 - tip

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
Madeline

onLookupFailed 55 1 - tip

Post by Madeline »

Like a lot of people, I got this annoying pop-up 2 or 3 months ago and I followed the advice on here to disable McAfee SiteAdvisor, which got rid of the pop-ups. Unticking the "Enable safe browsing button" option helps, but isn't entirely satisfactory either.
Anyway, I missed SiteAdvisor which was disabled (I couldn't uninstall it even with Firefox in Safe Mode), so I decided to download and install it again to see what happened. I downloaded SA again from http://www.siteadvisor.com/download/ff.html and installed it on Firefox again; I had to restart after the installation and again after re-enabling the extension, but it works fine at the moment. It's still the same version (26.3).
I have no idea whether or not SiteAdvisor will continue to work properly or whether the error message will return, but it's OK at the moment. Worth a try perhaps? :)
The difference between a democracy and a dictatorship is that in a democracy you vote first and take orders later; in a dictatorship you don't have to waste your time voting.
- Charles Bukowski
ruraldelivery

Site Advisor

Post by ruraldelivery »

Hope it keeps working for you,tried reinstalling on 7-2-07 and had the pop up on every page :x
Madeline

Post by Madeline »

Sorry, not been here for a few weeks. Anyway, McAfee SiteAdvisor is still working fine for me since I reinstalled it over a month ago. No "onLookupFailed 55 1" for me since reinstallation - yet!
The difference between a democracy and a dictatorship is that in a democracy you vote first and take orders later; in a dictatorship you don't have to waste your time voting.
- Charles Bukowski
spakatak

onLookupFailed 55 1

Post by spakatak »

I was having this trouble with everything I opened bringing up this alert and then it would lock everything up. I saw where you re-downloaded site advisor and had no more trouble. I have just done this and it is working at the moment but I guess time will tell. Anyhow I just wanted to say thank you for the solution. If it doesn't work in the long run I guess I will disable it. :banana: =D> :D
Madeline

Post by Madeline »

You're welcome, spakatak. I'm glad it worked for you too. I still haven't had any trouble since I re-downloaded SiteAdvisor, which must be 6 or 7 weeks now. Let's hope it lasts! :)
- Charles Bukowski