Extended Headers Overrun Container

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
Old Amoun

Extended Headers Overrun Container

Post by Old Amoun »

Hi Folks

I have a problem where I can't read the long lines in the 'extended headers' in an email as the container doesn't have a horizontal scroll bar.

I have found a work around :

in userChrome.css I have put

#expandedHeaderView{
min-width:300em !important;
}

This 300em makes the container so big that a horizontal scroll bar is forced. I just can't see why the inner text in the container didn't make a horizontal scroll bar.

Any comments please would be helpful.
Rod Whiteley

Post by Rod Whiteley »

For an inconclusive technical discussion that has rumbled on since October 2000, see: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=56825 (Probably not helpful!)
Rod
Old Amoun

Post by Old Amoun »

Thanks Rod, will read.

EDIT. Just read, it's good. At least I'm not alone and my 'fix' may help out temp for some.

Thanks again Rod
1r

Post by 1r »

all you need to do is click on the long header line, placing an imaginary cursor in it. then, use the arrow keys to move this cursor across the line. the line will move with the cursor, revealing more of the line when the cursor reaches the edge of the window. at least that is how it works on Windows.

currently, i am using this code in userChrome.css to workaround the other bugs with expanded header view:

#expandedHeaderView {
max-height: 12em;
overflow: auto;
}

i am fine not having a horizontal scroll bar. but, perhaps there is a way to wrap these long header lines according to the window width?
Old Amoun

Post by Old Amoun »

Thanks 1r
H7T8ER

Post by H7T8ER »

since there is code to limit the size of the expanded headers container and add a vertical scrollbar, there must be some code to cause the long header lines to wrap within the container.

can anyone produce such code?