MozillaZine

Adobe ToolBar Missing

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
Michael Veksler

Post Posted November 23rd, 2007, 10:12 pm

I switched from IE7 to Mozilla Firefox and loved everything about the browser except one problem I lost my Adobe Acrobat Toolbar that let me convert web pages to PDF documents. I am running a Vista machine and have Firefox 2.0 installed. I just want to make it clear that I can open PDF docs that is no problem I am just missing my Adobe PDF Explorer Bar is there a way to get it back?

Thank You for your help.

James

Post Posted November 23rd, 2007, 10:27 pm

Toolbars made for IE will Not work on the separate modern non-IE browsers like Firefox. Ask Adobe to make one for Firefox.
(*.mozillaZine.org is not Mozilla!)
The Complaint Department at Mozilla (current complaints) (<It is not a real complaint site but for jokes/testing of bugzilla).
The Complaint department link is borked until unknown time.

Gingerbread Man

Post Posted November 24th, 2007, 4:35 am

Hmm... if you go to File > Print, isn't there an option to print as PDF? There used to be one, but it's been a very long time since I've used Acrobat, so it might be gone now. It looks like it might only be offered as a subscription service nowadays.

Tony-E

Post Posted November 24th, 2007, 4:44 am

^With Acrobat installed there is still the option to use the Adobe PDF printer driver, but it is not as versatile as the Adobe toolbar that Adobe made for IE.

Michael Veksler

Post Posted November 24th, 2007, 7:36 am

Thank you all for your responses to my issue. I have found a way to convert web pages to PDF format through Acrobat 6.0. Basically you copy the address from the page you wish to convert, then open Acrobat, click on convert PDF document through web address. Paste the address into the browse field and presto PDF converts the page into document form.

Best Regards,

Michael Veksler

berkbuns

Post Posted December 20th, 2007, 8:16 pm

I was wondering if the solution you chose made the links that might be in the web pages after you converted them to PDF? That's what I like about the IE icon as opposed to using the print function - any links in the web page are also in the pdf that gets created.

Thanks.

Post Posted December 24th, 2008, 2:02 am

Anonymous wrote:I was wondering if the solution you chose made the links that might be in the web pages after you converted them to PDF? That's what I like about the IE icon as opposed to using the print function - any links in the web page are also in the pdf that gets created.

Thanks.
Yes, you can print the webpage on adobe printer and save the file in .pdf format. However there is no comparison to the flexibility IE toolbar offers in selecting the portions of the webpage for pdf conversion.

thanks,
Odyssey

LIMPET235

Post Posted December 24th, 2008, 2:23 am

Odyssey...
Did you happen to notice the date of the last post?
This is a year old thread. Let it R.I.P.
Please, start your own new thread if nec.
Thanks.
Locking.
Ancient Amateur Astronomer
Win-7-HP/Intel® DualCore-2.0GHz/500G HDD/4 Gig Ram/550Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-20.0-30.0-36.0.1-38/T-bird-2.0.0.24/SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.5.0.
RadioYachting. Conficker Test.

Return to Firefox Support