Console² 0.5 now contains a built in version of the Console Filter bar.
The filter syntax is some kind of "Google Lite": the messages in the console are searched for all terms entered (AND search), but must not contain any terms preceded by a minus sign (NOT search); terms inside quotations marks must be found in that order (exact phrase):
example wrote:error -expect "declaration dropped"
Additionally, there are a few special category filters:
- @css (CSS errors only),
- @xml (XML/XUL/XBL/HTML errors only), and
- @- (messages and strict warnings only).
The filter textbox can be focused (and its content selected) through the hotkeys [Ctrl]+[K] (as the Web Search bar - opposing to [Ctrl]+[L] for the evaluation field) and [Ctrl]+[Q].
The current filter is saved between sessions, as is a list of up to ten permanent filters. To add a filter to that list, confirm it with [Return]. To remove it again, just right-click on it.
Console Filter 0.3.3
~~ 0.3.3 ~~~~
* [update] maxVersion bump for current Firefox/Thunderbird/SeaMonkey trunk nightlies.
* [new] Compatibility metadata (install.rdf) for various obscure gecko/toolkit applications such as eMusic DLM, Spicebird, Fennec, and Postbox supplied by Seamaiden. Note: these applications are not officially supported and are untested. I'm taking Seamaidens word that Console Filter works in these applications.
~~ 0.3.2 ~~~~
* [fix] On Trunk 1.9.1 the config.dtd does not have the |show.all| entity.
~~ 0.3.1 ~~~~
* [new] maxVersion bump for Firefox/Thunderbird/SeaMonkey nightlies.
* [fix] Typo in the XPFE/SeaMonkey keyset ID.
* [fix] Better way of dealing with a missing keyset ID in Firefox 1.0.
* [nit] Update the Array.prototype.map implementation (for Gecko 1.7 applications) to match the reference implementation on DevMo.
~~ 0.3 ~~~~
* Bug fix: toolbar customization was broken for Console²/Thunderbird 1.5
* Released on 2005-10-28 (discontinued on 2006-04-26)
~~ 0.2.16+ ~~~~
* Update for Console² v0.2:
- Restoring the default toolbars now doesn't clear them.
- Cursor movements made the console scroll to the selected item
~~ 0.2.15+ ~~~~
* Bug fix: The "All" button was always clicked at startup with categories enabled
~~ 0.2.14+ ~~~~
* Update for Console² v0.1.7:
- CF filters now without flickering
- CF is hidden by default and must be manually added to a toolbar first
~~ 0.2.13+ ~~~~
* Update for Console² v0.1.4:
- CF correctly replaces the search box in the customize dialog
- Added a new category filter: @xml
~~ 0.2.12+ ~~~~
* Compatibility update for >Console²
~~ 0.2.11+ ~~~~
* Category filtering can be switched off (extensions.consolefilter.categories, off by default)
* Added <Show> filter to the drop-down menu
~~ 0.2.10 ~~~~
* Compatibility update for the 1.4+ branch, the 1.6+ trunk and MultiZilla
* Changed the -@ filter to @-
~~ 0.2.9 ~~~~
* Added category filters (@js, @css, -@)
* Added Mozilla Suite/SeaMonkey compatibility
~~ 0.2. ~~~~
* Added a filter history
~~ 0.1.1 ~~~~
* Bug fix: Restored the option to copy error messages (0.1.1)
~~ 0.1 ~~~~
* Initial release 2005-05-11