Mouse Gestures

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
©LarryEº

Mouse Gestures

Post by ©LarryEº »

Is anyone going to update the add in for mouse gestures?

Thanks.
I read about the evils of alcohol, so I gave up reading.
Dartman

Post by Dartman »

Well it works with Firefox 2... Since you are using Firefox 3.0b4 I am going to move you to the Builds forum. There are a couple of things to keep in mind.

1) Firefox 3 is not at a officially completed release yet.
2) Most add-ons will not be updated until Firefox 3 is officially released. This is because there are always changes going on within the test builds of Firefox.
3) There is a compatible version of Mouse Gestures for Firefox test builds.

From this page: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/39

is this link: http://www.mousegestures.org/nightly.html
Alcohol and Calculus don't mix. Never drink and derive.
jhoeppel

Post by jhoeppel »

Try Mouse Gestures Redox. Works for versions 3b3 and 3b4.
Small and well-behaved.

~john
©LarryEº

Post by ©LarryEº »

Thanks, just installed it and it works. I'm beginning to like Firefox more and more.
Fedorov

Post by Fedorov »

Personally I find the newer FireGestures to be much better, very small and everything seems much snappier. I've previously used AIO and MouseGestures but find this new one much nicer.
fredlkrue

Post by fredlkrue »

Fedorov wrote:Personally I find the newer FireGestures to be much better, very small and everything seems much snappier. I've previously used AIO and MouseGestures but find this new one much nicer.

Man, thanks a lot for telling about this addon, i just switched from all-in-one gestures, thats seems to be abandoned for some time now..... :)
©LarryEº

Post by ©LarryEº »

I don't know what is going wrong, but I get the message that FireGestures is not compatible with 3.0Beta4. Am I just missing something?
Fedorov

Post by Fedorov »

I have Nightly Tester Tools installed so when I hit a new jump in FF3 version numbers and it disables all my add-ons I just click the "Make all compatible" button in Nighly test tools so I guess I don't see this problem much :)

Update: Larry, v1.0.5 out today which I think will be immediately compatible for you :)
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/6366

Fredlkrue, no problem, I also prefer to use a tool that is better supported and updated, this one seems to run that bit faster to me, I only use a few simple gestures for closing the tab I'm reading and closing the browser, don't need tons of other features.
kmc

Post by kmc »

Fedorov wrote:Personally I find the newer FireGestures to be much better, very small and everything seems much snappier. I've previously used AIO and MouseGestures but find this new one much nicer.

Generally they're simliar in features, I've tried FireGestures and found a problem: it doesn't cooperate well with [Ext]"Nextplease", as even I managed to add Nextplease/Prevplease etc into user scripts, they cannot be assigned as rocker gestures, whereas I prefer rocker right/left for Next/Prev links.

Still I fallback to Mouse Gestures Redox (nightly)..
Growing up with Firefox
©LarryEº

Post by ©LarryEº »

Fedorov, thank you very much for that link. Have it installed and it "appears" to be working correctly. LOL I guess I will find out as I test more.
fredlkrue

Post by fredlkrue »

Fedorov wrote:I have Nightly Tester Tools installed so when I hit a new jump in FF3 version numbers and it disables all my add-ons I just click the "Make all compatible" button in Nighly test tools so I guess I don't see this problem much :)

Update: Larry, v1.0.5 out today which I think will be immediately compatible for you :)

Fredlkrue, no problem, I also prefer to use a tool that is better supported and updated, this one seems to run that bit faster to me, I only use a few simple gestures for closing the tab I'm reading and closing the browser, don't need tons of other features.

I also use like 5-6 gestures thats all, and indeed it seems a lot faster :)

Post by 4711 »

I also use like 5-6 gestures thats all, and indeed it seems a lot faster...
Me too.
©LarryEº

Post by ©LarryEº »

Now that 3.0 Beta 5 is out, anyone going to update the Mouse Gesture Add-ins?
BernG

Post by BernG »

While the Fire Gestures version hasn't been updated for F3B5, it works fine for me in F3B5.

You just have to set your browser extension compatibility to accept "old" addons ---
Enter in your address bar about:config and then add "extensions.checkCompatibility" as a boolean type with its value set to false. If already present, toggle its value to false.
©LarryEº

Post by ©LarryEº »

BernG wrote:While the Fire Gestures version hasn't been updated for F3B5, it works fine for me in F3B5.

You just have to set your browser extension compatibility to accept "old" addons ---
Enter in your address bar about:config and then add "extensions.checkCompatibility" as a boolean type with its value set to false. If already present, toggle its value to false.

Sorry, but that doesn't work. Follow your directions exactly and still can't install it. Any other ideas?