- Synopsis: Super DragAndGo's minimalist successor; extends drag-and-drop functionality
- Homepage: author's homepage
- Current Version: 2.1.3 (history)
- Compatibility: Firefox 2.0–4.0, SeaMonkey 2.0–2.1
- Download: addons.mozilla.org
- FAQ: http://code.kliu.org/quickdrag/faq.html
QuickDrag is a complete re-write of the defunct Super DragAndGo extension. It offers the same functionality, with a smaller, cleaner, and tighter code base. I highly recommend that people read the FAQ to get an overview of what this extension is and where it stands in relation to the other drag-and-drop extensions.
But for those in a hurry, here's the executive summary:
- The goal of QuickDrag is to offer a basic feature set in as small and efficient of a way as possible.
- For people who want to extend Firefox's drag-and-drop functionality with a rich feature set, QuickDrag is not for you. Use something like Drag de Go instead.
- For people who want to extend Firefox's drag-and-drop functionality, who are satisfied with a basic feature set, and who want to get these features with the smallest possible footprint and impact, then you should give QuickDrag a try.
- QuickDrag is a complete re-write of SD&G, and in the process, it fixes some of SD&G's quirks and problems.
If you already have Super DragAndGo, Drag de Go, or Easy DragToGo, you will have to uninstall them before installing QuickDrag.