Hi everyone,

Here is the first "weekly" build for testing based on the 1.7 branch:

Windows (with the new branding artwork):
http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/ ... 20-03-1.7/

OS X (with the new branding artwork)
http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/ ... 20-12-1.7/

What's New
-------------
1) I'm excited to announce our new branding artwork for Thunderbird! Many thanks to Jon Hicks, Steven Garrity and the rest of the visual identity team for developing the new brand identity for Thunderbird! Please note that the same trademark restrictions that apply to the new Firefox branding artwork also applies to the Thunderbird artwork! The branch windows nightly build currently has the new artwork. For details about the artwork you can read Jon's blog about the new art:

Hick's Blog Entry about the new icons

2) The about dialog got a bit of a face lift to better integrate the new artwork

3) We currently show just the display name for message recipients matching people you already know in your addressbook (ala mail.app and Outlook). Mousing over the friendly display name shows a tooltip with the email address. the addresss context menu also shows the email address. For those of you (I'm sure there will be :)) that don't like this, you can easily turn it off: Tools / Options / Advanced / General Settings.

4) When starting up a new profile, don't assume the user's resolution is 800x600, giving us a very small 3-pane window on first launch for high resolution screens. Instead, take a look at the current resolution and try to pick a sane initial width and height.

5) The UA for the branch build is version 0.6a (just a reminder)

6) Pinstripe for OS X has several bug improvements including the return of status indicators in the message list pane (for replied, forwarded, and mark as deleted). (Thanks Kevin!)

7) You can now Open attachments from the mail compose window. (double click the attachment or right click on the attachment and select Open). This is an easy way to double check the contents of your attachments before you send your message.

8) As always, the automated windows build includes the new junk controls.

I'll post a weekly test build for the trunk (which has a lot more feature work on it, but less stability/bug regressions) tomorrow or Thursday depending how the bits look.

Known Issues:
-----------------

1) None

Enjoy and please help us test out these builds as we drive towards 0.6 in the coming weeks!

-Scott
Last edited by mscott on April 26th, 2004, 11:38 am, edited 3 times in total.
Thunderbirds are Go!
sasquatch

Post by sasquatch »

Thanks.

I am currently running the 04/07/2004 build of Krueger's.

Here is what has changed since that build (I know a lot of others are running it as well):

bug fixes (13)
bugs fixed

new bugs (67)
new bugs

This looks like a pretty big amount of new bugs versus bugs fixed ratio. Maybe to some people this is worth it (depends how much certain bugs mean to you personally), but to me, I think I might wait. :-(

Please don't take this the wrong way. Your work is GREATLY appreciated by all, I am sure. I don't doubt that many of these bugs are either being worked on, or have just recently popped up as of the latest branching and "bug day" activities. I also want to make sure that people should not shy away from testing this build so as to confirm any fixes or find any new bugs which might come along. I am just saying this might not be one for ME.

Thanks again.
rockstiff

Post by rockstiff »

Great artwork!
Mozilla Firefox 0.9 20040817
Windows XP Professional SP1
mscott

Post by mscott »

sasquatch can you try to fix the long url link? It's messing with the layout of this page 'cause they are so long. I tried to embed them in anchor tags but that didn't seem to work.
Thunderbirds are Go!
mscott

Post by mscott »

sasquatch your bug link is invalid. Those are bug that were filed on the 1.8 trunk in the last month. Some are 1.8 regressions. Others are random issues that have always been there. So shying away from a
stable branch build offering because someone filed a bug on the trunk seems wrong :)
Thunderbirds are Go!
sasquatch

Post by sasquatch »

If you couldn't "embed" the links, it is doubtful I can, unfortunately.

Do you have a better link for bugs since 4/7/2004? That was all I had to go by, and if you had something better, that would be great.

I am no wizard at Bugzilla, and thought those were the correct ones. Please give me a link to the correct ones. That would be great news.

Thanks.
Ale

Post by Ale »

like this...?

bug fixes (13)
bugs fixed

new bugs (67)
new bugs

you do it like this, (no spaces) [ url = http...and-so-on] the link text comes here [/url]
Last edited by Ale on April 20th, 2004, 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Roti

Post by Roti »

Hi!

This bug still exist:
http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... highlight=

Will it ever be fixed?

Roti
sasquatch

Post by sasquatch »

Tried it again with a target of Thunderbird0.6 and came up with :

8 new or assigned or reopened

9 bugs resolved (either fixed or wontfix)
Last edited by sasquatch on April 20th, 2004, 9:42 am, edited 3 times in total.
Dunderklumpen

Post by Dunderklumpen »

sasquatch:

Since you do not know how to create short links intestead of breaking the layout - <b>stop</b> posting them.
Read above, read the example and learn.

And to get back to the new build - really nice artwork. The icons looks nice and so does the new blue bird.
sasquatch

Post by sasquatch »

Dunderklumpen wrote:sasquatch:

Since you do not know how to create short links intestead of breaking the layout - <b>stop</b> posting them.
Read above, read the example and learn.

And to get back to build - really nice artwork. The icons looks nice and so does the new blue bird.

Hey, I tried.

Try lightening up the tone a little, OK?

Besides, the links still work even if you can't see the end of them.

If the "layout" gets "broken", maybe that should be addressed by the layout people, not by those posting here.
Jeff_pony

Post by Jeff_pony »

sasquatch

I have edited your posts to stop breakage if your wondering.
Please PM the mod team when you see a rule infraction
Life State:: McLovin it
Camino v2.1 (pre)
Dunderklumpen

Post by Dunderklumpen »

sasquatch wrote:Hey, I tried.

Try lightening up the tone a little, OK?

Besides, the links still work even if you can't see the end of them.

If the "layout" gets "broken", maybe that should be addressed by the layout people, not by those posting here.

Pardon me for thinking that you had at least some basic knowledge in html.

Back on topic: Really neat to have two icons matching each other and the new build seemes to be running smoothly. Great work!
Last edited by Dunderklumpen on April 20th, 2004, 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
fishbert

Post by fishbert »

Holy Crap, Lions!
pocketkaos

Post by pocketkaos »

mscott,

The graphic changes look great. I anxiously await an updated theme to match. Also, the program icon in the top-left corner of the window is still that old envelope. FYI. As a programmer, I know it's easy to miss stuff. Keep up the great work!

M.