Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Image Toolbar 0.6.5
What it does:
The Image Toolbar provides quick access to some simple image functions and is highly customisable. If you are unfamiliar with the concept used by IE's Image Toolbar, I'll explain: You hover your mouse cursor over an image and a toolbar is displayed in the top left hand corner of the image, which allows you to save the image and perform other functions.
Image Toolbar 0.6.5 for Firefox provides the following buttons:
You can set this to either prompt you to save or to automatically save to a previously chosen directory.
Copies the image and the image location, allowing you to paste a link or the full image into most software packages.
Lets you print preview or directly print the current image.
Launches a dialog detailing the image properties.
This allows you to open your designated image folder quickly or change it to another folder.
Ctrl-clicking or middle-clicking will activate each button's secondary function, for example, to switch between launching a save prompt and silently downloading to the default location.
Where you can get it:
Test it out:
http://www.cusser.net/extensions/imaget ... olbar.html
Planned for the future:
- Mail image
- Next / Previous Image
- Block image (Adblock)
- Choice of corner
- Reorderable buttons
- View Image
- Expand Image
- Create clickable HTML link to object in new tab/window
- Open object in new tab/window
- Menus for buttons
0.6.5 - 14/06/2008
- Firefox 3.0 compatibility
- Linux / MacOSX compatibility (uses native file save code)
- Removed overwrite for auto save (previously a hidden pref, defaulted to off)
- Removed auto-suggest filename in file picker (extremely non-standard)
- 20 new locales (ar, be-BY, ca-AD, da-DK, de-DE, el-GR, es-CL, fi-FI, he-IL, hu-HU, ko-KR, pt-BR, pt-PT, ro-RO, ru-RU, sk-SK, sv-SE, tr-TR, uk-UA, zh-CN)
- Increased default minimum image size to 260x260 (stops toolbar appearing on Google Maps)
- Supports SVG images
- Debug / troubleshooting mode
0.6.4 - 01/10/2006
- Updated for Firefox 2.0 compatibility
- Toolbar labels fixed on http://www.imp-jablonec.cz
0.6.3 - 03/12/2005
- Fixed problems with the Dutch locale (nl-NL).
- New locale (es-AR).
0.6.2 - 05/11/2005
- Fixed small issue with the preferences UI.
0.6.1 - 27/10/2005
- Always uses content headers (fixes an issue with gmail).
0.6 - 09/10/2005
- Remembers previous directory at save prompt.
- Works in full-screen mode.
- New options UI.
- Handles vBulletin attachments perfectly with no delay.
- Now appears correctly on the following page: http://s1x.homelinux.net/projects/serpentine/
- Compatibility with Download Sort.
- Statusbar confirmation of autosave.
- Image info button.
- Print/print preview button.
- CSS cleanup/rewrite with Winstripe 1.1 icons.
- Better theme support.
- Text labels.
- Full locale support (plus cs-CZ, nl-NL, fr-FR, it-IT, ja-JP and es-ES bundled by default).
0.5 - 09/11/2004
- Toolbar should always vanish on mouseout events.
- Toolbar should appear when tabs are switched and the mouse ends up over an image.
- Download Manager support.
- Should retain file extension when file is renamed during "Save as".
- New default icons to fit with Winstripe.
- Choice of large/small icons.
- Choice of overwriting existing file or incrementing the filename.
- Choice of middle click or right click "second function" activation.
- Prevent double-click from Autosaving saving twice.
- Print Preview.
- Toolbar should not appear when an image link gets focus.
- New tab created for print preview shouldn't be invisible.
- Tweaked image extension matching.
- Full Download Sort support when AutoSaving.
- Partial Download Sort support when manually saving.
0.4 - 31/08/2004
- Should Autosave vBulletin attachments properly, note: there will be a delay.
- Removed conflicts with AutoScrolling.
- Added the ability to exclude image types.
- Full locale support.
- Linux/Unix support.
- MacOS support.
- Now uses the native filename increment method.
- Loads preferences dynamically.
- Compatibility with Firefox 1.0PR.
0.3 - 14/06/2004
- Compatible with Firefox 0.9
- CTRL+Click now works when Autosave is the default save button action.
- High CPU usage is fixed for sites that have many images.
- Middle Click should no longer interfere with Autoscrolling.
- Should always appear on screen if the image is scrolled to the side or top.
- Option for toolbar to appear relative to the cursor.
0.2 - 13/05/2004
- Middle click performs the same action as CTRL+Click.
- CTRL should override image size requirement (hidden pref to disable).
- <meta> should prevent the toolbar loading.
- Support for skins (hidden pref to disable).
- Toolbar should always appear in the right place.
- This extension should now have no problems with frames.
- The toolbar is now created every time.
- Toolbar should always disappear on mouseout.
- Should no longer appear behind images.
0.1 - 12/03/2004
- Original Release.
Guilda - Request for this extension.
Cusser - Original coding.
Gorgias - Bugfixes.
MonkeeSage - Bugfixes.
Velcrospud - Helping me with Download Sort support.
Mimeryme - Providing Winstripe icons.
Asqueella - Helping with XBL related issues.
Thumper - Options UI improvements/advice.
Relativity_17 - Info icon.
Jan Bourek - cs-CZ locale.
RAF - nl-NL locale.
Jojaba - fr-FR locale.
MatrixIsAllOver - it-IT locale.
Victory - ja-JP locale.
Proyecto Nave - es-ES locale.
MorZilla - es-AR locale.
Last edited by BenBasson on February 3rd, 2008, 3:41 am, edited 130 times in total.
I'm gonna send a few extensions your way within a day or two, just tidying up sloppy errors and any bugs I can find before doing so.
Gonna test it out right now. Glad you stuck with it and got it done Thanks a lot!
This is brilliant stuff, Cusser! Bwahaha. Now I shall harvest images like never before!
Hee, though I do have one request...
Could you add an option to alter behaviour so it only pops up if you're holding Control and mouseover, rather than having it happen with mouseover in every instance? So that the only time it would pop up is if you're holding the control key. Is that possible?
Just a suggestion, anyway. Keep at it, Cusser, this is a genuinely nifty addition to Firefox's extension library! Hee, anything the Old Man browser can do, Firefox can do and better. Gotta love it.
It's possible for me to build that in, but you could also set the delay to 99999999, which would achieve the same thing.
This is very true. I was unaware of how well that would work though but... <coughs> after leaving my mouse sit on an image for a few minutes, I was convinced. Sorry to have bothered you with that, you're right. That works well.
It's no problem. I think the maximum number you can enter is 1410065407, meaning that you'd have to wait 16 days before the toolbar appears. I'd think it's a fairly unlikely event.
Great one Cusser! I just love it. Make my life easier now.
With your next version of IMG toolbar, Firefox will become better than IE, in image browsing...
Waiting for your next version
Most excellent. I especially enjoy the ability to set a huge delay and display only with the CTRL key.
I realise you are pretty busy with this and still have a pile of things you'd like to implement, but:
2. Middle click responds the same as CTRL + click?
Just some some suggestions. Keep at 'er.
I'll add your suggestions to the list Parkotron, they should be pretty quick to do, but I'm not doing anything else until bug#3 is worked out, that's the priority at the moment. Once I (or anyone else, hint hint) has that worked out, I'll include both your ideas for 0.2, with the rest of the stuff on my list for 0.3 and/or 0.4 most likely.
Another quick suggestion:
The CTRL overide should also overide the size settings.
I think I'll have a pref for that one, but ok.
Is anyone interested in helping out with the development? If so, please PM me. There's an huge amount left to do, and I'm not (yet) capable of doing all of it. Any help would be much appreciated.
This extension is great! I love it, good work Cusser. First i thought it would not work with download sort extention (i am using this to sort my downloads in folders by date), but your extension works great with it! I hope this feature will not be lost in a later version Keep up the good work.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests