MozillaZine

[Ext] Image Toolbar 0.6.5

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
echoes

Post Posted March 4th, 2007, 8:08 pm

myzar74 wrote:Image Toolbar has stopped working with the trunk nothing is saved when the save button is used, i can see this error in console

Error: [Exception... "'Load of http://www.mozillazine.org/image/google.gif denied.' when calling method: [nsIDOMEventListener::handleEvent]" nsresult: "0x8057001e (NS_ERROR_XPC_JS_THREW_STRING)" location: "<unknown>" data: no]

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9a3pre) Gecko/20070222 Minefield/3.0a3pre

weird! i just came to this thread to report the same exact problem! guess its not just my problem. i use it on linux, and some stable extensions i've used before (on windows) seem to have issues on linux and i thought this might be an example of that, but apparently not, since you're on windows. i also use download manager tweak 0.7.2 (latest build) and i thought that this may be a conflict of some sort with that, but i disabled it and tried saving an image with the toolbar again and got the same exact result. so its not that.

image toolbar 0.6.4
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.9a3pre) Gecko/20070304 Minefield/3.0a3pre - Build ID: 2007030404

ColdVeal

Post Posted March 16th, 2007, 12:50 pm

Been using Image Toolbar since its inception.....can't live without it. Just upgraded to to ff 2.0.0.2 and now it won't work. I've reinstalled it several times. The weird thing is that it worked for a while...I had some profile issues with ff and had to use an old profile (lost all my bookmarks...grrr) and after that no Image Toolbar. Even went back to the previous profile. It is enabled. I'm at a loss...any thoughts?

BenBasson

Post Posted March 16th, 2007, 1:13 pm

It should work fine on 2.0.0.2, but probably won't work on the Trunk for a while. As soon as I have time, I'm going to try and overhaul a whole bunch of the code that I've never really been happy with. For what it's worth, Image Toolbar basically doesn't work on Linux or MacOSX as far as I'm aware.

Please bump this thread with any mind blowing problems that crop up.

ColdVeal, if you're using NoScript, Image Toolbar will only work on sites for which you enable JavaScript. Other than that, unless you see anything in the Error Console, I'm at a loss.

echoes

Post Posted March 16th, 2007, 1:41 pm

thanks for that update cusser. look forward to the new release. if you do end up doing an overhaul i hope that you can make it linux/trunk compatible, but i won't hold my breath.
also, you said it basically doesn't work on linux or mac, which is true, to an extent. for me, on linux, the image properties work. its just the open folder and save buttons that don't work. (trunk/linux).

p.s. you've prolly heard this before, but, imo this is the kind of extension that i'd like to see integrated or assimilated into ff with official functionality. thats how useful i think it is. (or was in my case). ;)
Last edited by echoes on March 16th, 2007, 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ColdVeal

Post Posted March 16th, 2007, 2:28 pm

Bummer....I've got java, javascripts enabled. Here is an error code I get:

Error: uncaught exception: Permission denied to call method Location.toString

And some warning codes:

Warning: Unexpected end of file while searching for closing } of invalid rule set.
Source File: http://www.airliners.net/open.file?id=1 ... =&next_id=
Line: 274

Warning: Expected ',' or '{' but found '('. Ruleset ignored due to bad selector.
Line: 268

Warning: Selector expected. Ruleset ignored due to bad selector.
Line: 223

Same code for lines: 221, 220, 219, 218, 217

ColdVeal

Post Posted March 16th, 2007, 2:33 pm

Yet some more:

Warning: Error in parsing value for property 'cursor'. Declaration dropped.
Source File: link
Line: 2

Warning: Unknown property 'word-wrap'. Declaration dropped.

Warning: Error in parsing value for property 'text-align'. Declaration dropped.

Warning: Error in parsing value for property 'font-size'. Declaration dropped.

[Edited by Cusser (large links)]

echoes

Post Posted March 16th, 2007, 4:39 pm

whoa buddy, shrink those urls some how. they're making the page waaaaaaaaay too long.

BenBasson

Post Posted March 16th, 2007, 6:59 pm

I shrank them down, although they're web page errors, not extension errors.

disturbedite wrote:if you do end up doing a overhaul i hope that you can make it linux/trunk compatible

I need to find a way to do this, and I can test locally with a Linux virtual machine, however I don't know what I'm going to do yet. The internal code for saving files is not extension-friendly, which is partially why the extension is such a mess right now in terms of functionality.

echoes

Post Posted March 16th, 2007, 7:15 pm

ok. i (and i'm sure others) appreciate you sharing the info instead of leaving us hanging. if i knew anything about creating extensions, i'd offer any help i could, but i don't. let us know if we can help or test in any way.

doeddeldom

Post Posted December 23rd, 2007, 11:30 am

Is this extension dead? I was looking for a working version for 3b2 (yeah I know, maybe a little early). The homepage on http://www.cusser.net/extensions/imagetoolbar/ only shows an error.

BenBasson

Post Posted December 25th, 2007, 5:53 pm

It won't be dead, but I've been incredibly slow with updates for my extensions for the last 2 years. Working versions should be forthcoming before the release candidates if everything goes according to plan.

My page is screwed up because of a server-side error that I'm waiting on a fix for, I might have to put something temporary up.

Keep nagging, I will get to it :)

doeddeldom

Post Posted December 26th, 2007, 1:00 am

Thanks, Cusser. I will wait .... :)

h00ligan

Post Posted January 2nd, 2008, 1:31 pm

I'm just curious why the addons page now lists this as os x incompatible - it has been working great for me under os x - did leopard break it? Lack of testing environment? I can help you test if you need, just can't seem to get it installed at all. ? I love this extension and miss it :)

I dl the latest version via right click, installed and working on the mac - why list it as no mac?

BenBasson

Post Posted January 7th, 2008, 2:50 pm

Yeah, I don't have a Mac testing environment, and as far as I knew, it was actually broken on OSX. Is this not the case? Does all the functionality work? If so, great, I'll re-list it.

I'll be posting back as soon as I have something ready for testing. Just made my website actually work (sort of), and will post updates there as well.

BenBasson

Post Posted January 12th, 2008, 6:24 pm

I've got the file save code working in a more solid way on Windows, should work ok in Linux/MacOSX. I'll be testing with Linux locally and will have a version out for public testing soon, with any luck. I'm also looking at adding a debug mode where info gets dumped to the JS console, which can be turned on/off with a pref (defaulting to off). This should help diagnose any issues cross-platform if required.

Since Firefox 3.0 still has 600 blockers, I'll see if I can add anything useful from my feature requests list to Image Toolbar. I'm hoping to throw in any language packs that I haven't yet released with as well.

Return to Extension/Theme Releases