[Fx] MMx: 2004-06-02 [Trunk/OS X] (O2 static)

Discussion of third-party/unofficial Firefox/Thunderbird/SeaMonkey builds.
MMx2000

[Fx] MMx: 2004-06-02 [Trunk/OS X] (O2 static)

Post by MMx2000 »

Hi again...

I built another unofficial nighty from trunk because there are still no trunk nighties for OSX. The official nighties are AVIARY-branch (although they state "trunk" in directory name, see bug 244518 #6).

This time, I used the same mozconfig as is used for the official nighties, so it really should work everywhere the official ones do. I also included the MacOS 10.2.x-SDK.

Get the latest build now! ;)

Greetings . . . Martin
Last edited by MMx2000 on June 4th, 2004, 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In a world without walls and fences, who needs windows and gates?
krmathis

Post by krmathis »

Thanks a lot!
Just tried this version and no problems detected, so far... ;)
nooon

Post by nooon »

Thanks man! I love you builds and couldn't live without them.
ankh

Post by ankh »

And you're listed at burningedge! Yay!
nooon

Post by nooon »

yay! finally.
ankh

Post by ankh »

I can't get this one to work. I remove the usable profile (the whole Firefox folder from Users/~/Library/ and set it aside, oln my desktop. No Firefox folder in Users now, ready for the new build.

I open the new build, I get the splash screen, I change Preferences to ask for each cookie, and close. OK so far, new Users ...Firefox folder containing new Profile is created.

I open again, go to Preferences/Extensions, install Adblock, close. Adblock says it'll work with up to 0.8 -- is this my mistake?

I open again and get the menu bar at the top of the screen; none of the menus do anything, can't open a new window at all.

Repeated four or five times. One time I got a second profile created next to the first one, but that didn't repeat.

Tossed it all, back to Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X Mach-O; en-US; rv:1.7) Gecko/20040514 Firefox/0.8.0+ (MMx2000)
nooon

Post by nooon »

works just fine here..
ankh

Post by ankh »

Nooon -- do you mean it works fine with Adblock extension installed?

What's different? (I'm using OSX 10.3.4, Pbook G3. I'm using the Users/~/Library/ folder for the Firefox profile folder.

MMx2000 -- any special trick for switching back and forth between your May 14th build and your latest one? I've just moved the 5/14 version Firefox folder out of the Users/~/Library and let the the latest build create a new folder in that directory.

I've copied over only Bookmarks and Cookies from the 5/14 Profile each time; any other older files safe to carry over?

Or am I making this too difficult for myself?
nooon

Post by nooon »

It works with the patched Adblock yes. The flash overlays don't work though, but I never used that feature anyway. I also have TBE installed.
ankh

Post by ankh »

Patched? when I use Preferences to locate extensions it takes me to the standard page listing all the extensions, not sure that gets me a patched AdBlock, probably not, likely that's the problem. I'll go directly to the AdBlock site and look for a patched version.

Thanks!
nooon

Post by nooon »

look HERE instead. ;)