Firefox 0.9 Milestone is expected on 2004-06-14
Peter wrote:Yes, the themes (Win/Linux) are changing again (for legal reasons).
Windows has a new theme as of today.
I would appreciate if you would NOT discuss what you hate/like about them in this thread.
If you don't like the new ones, replace it with another theme (as soon as that option properly works).
bengoodger (2004-05-31) wrote:Firefox 0.9 Shaping Up
I haven't posted for a while because I've been very busy with the 1.0 Branch, the 0.9 bug list, and other things. Here are some updates:
* The new Extension Manager is working quite well. I've fixed a few bugs but it seems there's nothing showstopping so far. Please continue to test this feature on the branch, and file bugs and nominate for .9 if you run into any problems.
* I've been charging through the 0.9 bug list and now it's down to 8 blocking0.9+ bugs. If you know of any serious bugs that you think should block this release, please nominate them!
* The updated products site and release notes are pretty much ready.
A request - please focus extension testing efforts on the branch builds, none of this is enabled on the trunk yet due to code review delays so by using the trunk you're wasting your time since that's not the code we're going to be shipping with 0.9 or 1.0
bengoodger (2004-05-26) wrote:Testextensions/Themes:
http://www.bengoodger.com/software/mb/e ... theme1.jar
http://www.bengoodger.com/software/mb/e ... ewext1.xpi
http://www.bengoodger.com/software/mb/e ... ewext2.xpi
http://www.bengoodger.com/software/mb/e ... t3-7.9.xpi
http://www.bengoodger.com/software/mb/e ... t3-8.0.xpi
install links: http://www.bengoodger.com/software/mb/e ... stall.html
RSS feed:The Official Win32 build ... is out, Firefox (See RSS reader panel extension)
The Official Win32 2004-06-07 [Branch] build is out.
The Official Win32 2004-06-07 [Trunk] build is out.
The previous Official Win32 [Branch] build was 2004-06-06
The previous Official Win32 [Trunk] build was 2004-06-06
The official latest nighly [Trunk] builds general directory
The unofficial latest nighly [Branch/Trunk] builds
Show old extensions in the new extension manager
Adblock packed for FF0.9 !
Firefox 0.9 compatible Extensions BUGGY ! Try with Ben Goodgers extension(s) first.
Firefox 0.9 compatible Themes BUGGY ! Try with Ben Goodgers theme(s) first.
If you find problems/bugs:
- Post them in this thread
- Properly describe the problem
- Include the url where you have the problem (if this is the case)
- Include the "about mozilla firefox" information (under the help button)
- Installer build or .zip version?
- Did you completely erase the Firefox directory first?
- Does a new profile fix the problem?
- Include the list of extensions you have installed (preferably none to start with)
Last update: 2004-06-07 08:52PDT = 15:52UTC
Fixes: OS in , none = ALL
- BOTH:#245433right-click-"Search Web for", default homepage and throbber urls missing.
- BRANCH:#244691Winstripe Theme.[Win]
- BRANCH:#244662Tools->Themes does not recognise a jar file, it can only save it. RESOLVED/INVALID
- BRANCH:#245765Options should be available under Edit.... Preferences, terminology should change[Lin]
- TRUNK:SECURITY:#245062 InstallTrigger should CheckLoadURI.
- TRUNK:#240552Make nsInstallTrigger::UpdateEnabled check with permission manager
- TRUNK:#236772Sprint Local Bill Redirection Limit Exceeded.
- TRUNK:#245765Options should be available under Edit.... Preferences, terminology should change.[Lin]
- TRUNK:#242044Reduce number of allocations by nsSpaceManager::PushState.[Lin]
- TRUNK:#245379Print Preview menu item is hidden on Mac OS.[Mac]
- TRUNK:#241187[gtk2]combo box shows up unexpectly due to nsWindow::IsVisible() does not return the right value.[Lin]
Patches/not completely fixed:
- BOTH:#245433"Search Web for" on the right click menu of highlighted text doesn't work [Win/installer]
- TRUNK:#245693Unicode->EUC-KR converter loses data on encountering characters not representable in 2bytes.
- TRUNK:#241454Table data overflowing due to <script> tag - gets fixed when a button is pressed
- TRUNK:#242122[Gtk2] Flash not rendered correctly in table.[Lin]
Make sure you vote for bugs that you suffer from.
Do NOT vote for bugs you don't see on your system.
<img src="http://forums.mozillazine.org/templates/subSilver/images/folder_announce.gif">=new today.
- BOTH:#222157View Source: Save as, <del>Find</del> and <del>Find Again</del> don't work. (patch in review)
- BOTH:#102519Global history file being cleared.
- BOTH:#237766background-image gets painted double on link hover.[Win]
- BOTH:#240136Firefox should not auto-import settings without user confirmation.
- BOTH:#245631Firefox crashes on http://www.renaudbray.com/
- BRANCH:#184350About Popup Blocking dialog has a _working_ resizer in the status bar example.
- BRANCH:#232707Right-click context menu for toolbar bookmarks broken after customizing navigation toolbar icons.[Win]
- BRANCH:#243194unpacked ZIP Trunk build Firefox with clean profile does not recognise .xpi files.(since some time)
- BRANCH:#244479chrome\overlayinfo not created and no help or DOM inspector in the menu.(Workaround)
- BRANCH:#244824Extension manager keeps showing the green square even if upgrades were installed
- BRANCH:#244885reordening extensions in extension manager does not work correctly
- BRANCH:#244888Ben Goodger newtheme1.xpi won't install
- BRANCH:#245053Profilemanager crashes when you try to delete a profile.
- BRANCH:#245428Default behavior of search bar after fresh install should be Google not Find in Page [Win/installer]
- BRANCH:#245432Initial homepage with fresh install is empty, not blank, empty [Win/installer]
- BRANCH:#245484options/about/homepage buttons work on the selected extension, not on that you clicked on.
- BRANCH:#245584Firefox crashes at installation [Win 20040603 zip]. Fixed tomorrow !
- BRANCH:#245758Persisting bookmarks file converts ' to ‘ in bookmark title.
- BRANCH:#245806"close tab" button does not have a border creating button behaviour.
- BRANCH:#245810Help -> Help Contents gives XML Parsing Error [Installer]
- TRUNK:#243387about:plugins broken by download size reduction changes.
- TRUNK:Adblock does not work anymore (20040514)-not a Firefox bug.PATCHED ADBLOCK VERSION (rev. 3 works !)
#XXXXXX Firefox regressions=24 ( 0 )
Firefox 0.9(June), 1.0 Beta(July) and 1.0 Milestone(September) bugstatus for ALL operating systems: (+/- are changes compared to the previous nightly build)
Bugs verified targeted for Firefox 0.9 = 42 ( 0 )
Bugs nominated to block Firefox 0.9 = 13 ( -1 )
Bugs verified blocking Firefox 0.9 = 18 ( 0 )
Bugs targeted for 0.9 and FIXED = 97 ( 0 )
Bugs verified targeted for Firefox 1.0 = 52 ( 0 )
Bugs nominated to block Firefox 1.0 = 45 ( 0 )
Bugs verified blocking Firefox 1.0 = 124 ( +1 )
Bugs targeted for 1.0 and FIXED = 20 ( 0 )
(Explanation for the numbers above)
this message will be edited if there is any update.