Duplicate Tab allows you to duplicate a tab to a new tab or to a new window, and it allows you to merge different windows in one window. All three actions can be invoked through the tab's context menu or through shortcut-key's:
- Accel+Shift+U to duplicate a tab to a new tab
- Accel+Shift+N to duplicate a tab in a new window (Alt+Shift+N on Mozilla Suite)
- Accel+Shift+M to merge windows
For merging you can also select tabs by ctrl-clicking on them. When you merge windows only the selected tabs will be merged with the previous focussed window.
You can also open a link in a duplicated tab, so the history of the original tab is available in the new tab.
And you can set to open middle clicked items from the drop down menu of the back and forward toolbar buttons in a duplicate tab.
The shortcut-keys can be changed with the keyconfig extension.
And the selection of tabs for merging (ctrl-click) can be changed with Tab Clicking Options.
Please visit twanno.mozdev.org for more information. Also about the options for Merging Windows, which are a bit hard to explain.
There are options added to select where you want the context menu items to appear. You can set to have them available in the browser page's context menu and/or in the tab's context menu. There is also an option to select whether you want the context menu items to appear in a Duplicate Tab submenu or not. When you select to not have a submenu you can also choose which items you want to have visible ('Duplicate Tab', 'Duplicate Tab To New Window', 'Merge Windows').
More information about Duplicate Tab
Link: install Duplicate Tab
* Use Ctrl+Shift+U to duplicate tab in Firefox 2.0
* Added Danish (da-DK) localization, thanks to AlleyKat
* Added Hungarian (hu-HU) localization, thanks to fenya25
* Added Romanian (ro-RO) localization, thanks to Iuliutz
* Added Chinese (Traditional) (zh-TW) localization, thanks to kennith
* Added Korean (ko-KR) localization, thanks to wtspout
* Added Croatian (hr-HR) localization, thanks to Krcko
* Added Norwegian (Bokmål) (nb-NO) localization, thanks to gandhi2
* Added Ukrainian (uk-UA) localization, thanks to MozUA
* Fixed bugs with open link in duplicate tab
* Use ctrl+drag/drop to duplicate a tab instead of shift+drag/drop
* Also allow open link in duplicate tab with ctrl or shift (new window) + click
- Fixed breakage of alt+left and alt+right
- Added support for Reveal extension (thumbnails are also duplicated now)
- Added Russian (ru-RU) localization, thanks to Quicksilver tears
- Added Czech (cs-CZ) localization, thanks to Robin Vongbounthanh
- Added Argentinean (es-AR) localization, thanks to Acushnir
- Fixed some other small bugs and cleaned up code
- Fixed compatibility bug with Adblock
- Added support for middle clicking back and forward buttons to open in duplicate tabs
- Fixed minor bug with clone back history
- Fixed bug with duplicating certain sites like Amazon.com
- Added Slovak locale, thanks to SlovakSoft
- Added Portuguese (Brazilian) locale, thanks to Marcioams.
- Added Polish locale, thanks to Damian Szczepanik.
- Added Bulgarian locale, thanks to Emu.
- Added option to open middle clicked items from the drop down menu of the back and forward buttons in duplicate tabs
- Fixed issue with merging windows, where all tabs could end up in a popup window.
- Added options to customize the behaviour of merging windows regarding popup windows.
- Focussing of tabs opened from "open link in duplicate tab" context menu item, will respect the "select new tabs opened from links" preference. And can be reversed by pressing the shift key.
- complete changelog can be found at my home page