[Ext] Duplicate Tab 0.9 [2007-01-18]

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
twanno

[Ext] Duplicate Tab 0.9 [2007-01-18]

Post by twanno »

Duplicate Tab 0.9

Duplicate Tab allows you to duplicate a tab to a new tab or to a new window, and it allows you to merge different windows in one window. All three actions can be invoked through the tab's context menu or through shortcut-key's:
  • Accel+Shift+U to duplicate a tab to a new tab
  • Accel+Shift+N to duplicate a tab in a new window (Alt+Shift+N on Mozilla Suite)
  • Accel+Shift+M to merge windows
You can also duplicate a tab by using the toolbar buttons.

For merging you can also select tabs by ctrl-clicking on them. When you merge windows only the selected tabs will be merged with the previous focussed window.

You can also open a link in a duplicated tab, so the history of the original tab is available in the new tab.
And you can set to open middle clicked items from the drop down menu of the back and forward toolbar buttons in a duplicate tab.

The shortcut-keys can be changed with the keyconfig extension.
And the selection of tabs for merging (ctrl-click) can be changed with Tab Clicking Options.

Please visit twanno.mozdev.org for more information. Also about the options for Merging Windows, which are a bit hard to explain.

There are options added to select where you want the context menu items to appear. You can set to have them available in the browser page's context menu and/or in the tab's context menu. There is also an option to select whether you want the context menu items to appear in a Duplicate Tab submenu or not. When you select to not have a submenu you can also choose which items you want to have visible ('Duplicate Tab', 'Duplicate Tab To New Window', 'Merge Windows').

More information about Duplicate Tab
Link: install Duplicate Tab

Changelog:
* Use Ctrl+Shift+U to duplicate tab in Firefox 2.0
* Added Danish (da-DK) localization, thanks to AlleyKat
* Added Hungarian (hu-HU) localization, thanks to fenya25
* Added Romanian (ro-RO) localization, thanks to Iuliutz
* Added Chinese (Traditional) (zh-TW) localization, thanks to kennith
* Added Korean (ko-KR) localization, thanks to wtspout
* Added Croatian (hr-HR) localization, thanks to Krcko
* Added Norwegian (Bokmål) (nb-NO) localization, thanks to gandhi2
* Added Ukrainian (uk-UA) localization, thanks to MozUA
* Fixed bugs with open link in duplicate tab
* Use ctrl+drag/drop to duplicate a tab instead of shift+drag/drop
* Also allow open link in duplicate tab with ctrl or shift (new window) + click
- Fixed breakage of alt+left and alt+right
- Added support for Reveal extension (thumbnails are also duplicated now)
- Added Russian (ru-RU) localization, thanks to Quicksilver tears
- Added Czech (cs-CZ) localization, thanks to Robin Vongbounthanh
- Added Argentinean (es-AR) localization, thanks to Acushnir
- Fixed some other small bugs and cleaned up code
- Fixed compatibility bug with Adblock
- Added support for middle clicking back and forward buttons to open in duplicate tabs
- Fixed minor bug with clone back history
- Fixed bug with duplicating certain sites like Amazon.com
- Added Slovak locale, thanks to SlovakSoft
- Added Portuguese (Brazilian) locale, thanks to Marcioams.
- Added Polish locale, thanks to Damian Szczepanik.
- Added Bulgarian locale, thanks to Emu.
- Added option to open middle clicked items from the drop down menu of the back and forward buttons in duplicate tabs
- Fixed issue with merging windows, where all tabs could end up in a popup window.
- Added options to customize the behaviour of merging windows regarding popup windows.
- A warning will now show when a link can not be opened in a duplicate tab (e.g. a javascript link).
- Focussing of tabs opened from "open link in duplicate tab" context menu item, will respect the "select new tabs opened from links" preference. And can be reversed by pressing the shift key.

older releases
- complete changelog can be found at my home page

Twanno
Last edited by twanno on January 18th, 2007, 3:44 pm, edited 26 times in total.
sboulema

Post by sboulema »

TychoQuad

Post by TychoQuad »

I'd like to request another option:

Duplicate Tab in New Window.

This is different to what Clone Window does, as that clones the window every time you open a new one. I only want it done on specific occasions.
twanno

Post by twanno »

I will try to add that option in the next release. Do you want to have an extra entry in the context menu, or do you want a pref to change the target of the duplication? In other words: do you want to be able to use both functions everytime, or do you want to use only one of those functions standard?
TychoQuad

Post by TychoQuad »

Both options. They are both handy functions, but I don't think i'd install a whole extension for just one ;)

I was trying to think of a way to incorperate both options into one context menu entry, but I think that would just make things unnessesarily difficult.
twanno

Post by twanno »

maybe open in new window instead of new tab by ctrl-clicking or something like that?
maubp

Post by maubp »

Having read the typo in the title, I wondered if this was an extension related to the Kitchen Sink?

http://www.mozilla.org/docs/web-develop ... ensink.xml
http://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=kitchensink

(The old hands have probably all seen this before)
Peter
TychoQuad

Post by TychoQuad »

twanno wrote:maybe open in new window instead of new tab by ctrl-clicking or something like that?

Ctrl or middle clicking would be fine by me, but making it clear for other users might be a little difficult... :)
twanno

Post by twanno »

maubp wrote:Having read the typo in the title, I wondered if this was an extension related to the Kitchen Sink?

http://www.mozilla.org/docs/web-develop ... ensink.xml
http://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=kitchensink

(The old hands have probably all seen this before)

hehe, thanks corrected it, I am just old enough to know what you are talking about. About the first time I used a mozilla browser I read something about that.
twanno

Post by twanno »

TychoQuad wrote:
twanno wrote:maybe open in new window instead of new tab by ctrl-clicking or something like that?

Ctrl or middle clicking would be fine by me, but making it clear for other users might be a little difficult... :)

I have updated the extension and added duplicate to new window with expanding the contextmenu (see first post)
d_g

Post by d_g »

Anyway to have a duplicate tab open with Ctrl+T? That's the commonest way I open new tabs
twanno

Post by twanno »

d_g wrote:Anyway to have a duplicate tab open with Ctrl+T? That's the commonest way I open new tabs

Pike's Clone Window extension does this.
sasquatch

Post by sasquatch »

The version I have (had) wasn't working with 7/12/04 "nightly" build.

This version you have linked at top doesn't install, but instead asks to download.

Let me know if I am doing something wrong, and if this works with "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7) Gecko/20040712 Firefox/0.9.1+ (bangbang023)".

Thanks.
twanno

Post by twanno »

It's a late response, so maybe it's allready solved, but anyway:

Try to install from here:
http://www.twannos-extensions.tk

I never was able to install extensions directly from this forum, instead I had to download them, so I don't think you were doing something wrong. The extension should work with your build (or newer builds).

Twanno
sasquatch

Post by sasquatch »

Is Duplicate Tab 0.2 superceded by Close Tab on Double Click 0.1.2 which is then superceded by Tab Double Click 0.1 ?

I was just looking at your web site, and was a little confused since they were all still there.

Thanks.