View your posts - SQL Error

Talk about stuff specific to the site -- bugs, suggestions, and of course praise welcome.
KIA

View your posts - SQL Error

Post by KIA »

So I was trying to find my posts and clicked on the "View your posts" link and got the following error message. This message seemed to be around for a few months if not longer. Any insight on the fix?

Code: Select all

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

Expression #1 of ORDER BY clause is not in SELECT list, references column 'mozine_forums.t.topic_last_post_time' which is not in SELECT list; this is incompatible with DISTINCT [3065]

An SQL error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact the Board Administrator if this problem persists.
LIMPET235

Re: View your posts - SQL Error

Post by LIMPET235 »

Hi,
I see that you're just a tad late to the error.

There are heaps of threads on the subject in this forum.

For ref; See Franks post on 15th Sept at 3.40 AM....which shows the work-around.
> http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... #p14903331
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)
KIA

Post by KIA »

Thanks for the links. Excuse my ignorance. But if it's a known issue why isn't it fixed?
Ngamer01

Post by Ngamer01 »

KIA wrote:Thanks for the links. Excuse my ignorance. But if it's a known issue why isn't it fixed?
The short story was the original admin left and the forums decayed until an OSU staff member took over admin duties. The new admin is currently testing a forum upgrade, but had to roll it back due to additional problems. It's just going to take time until the update is cleared to be tried again here.

You can read about the previous forum update attempt here: http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... &t=3089892
James

Post by James »

KIA wrote:Thanks for the links. Excuse my ignorance. But if it's a known issue why isn't it fixed?
A forum upgrade attempt was done on April 11 but was reverted two days later. It had random logout issues and mods had difficulty doing mod related stuff and there were some other issues. The only issue we have currently that was indeed fixed was we could do View your posts/Search user's posts without issues. The OSU admin has made https://forums-staging.mozillazine.org/ as a testing forum for him to try and fix issues so a future upgrade would hopefully go smooth.
godzfire

Post by godzfire »

Any updates?
LIMPET235

Post by LIMPET235 »

No.
Nothing to report as yet.
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)
James

Post by James »

The last person working this forum was a Oregon State University student who graduated and now they working on getting another student up to speed.