[Solved] View > Page Style change question

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
WaltS48

[Solved] View > Page Style change question

Post by WaltS48 »

I haven't checked my beta version yet, but in Nightly View > Page Style has confusing entries, none of them selected.
  • No Style
  • A
  • A+
  • A++
It appears selecting any of the "A" selections increases the font size.
Those are the selections for this site.

I was just on another site and had way more selections, and my Home page the expected "No Style", "Basic Page Style" options.

Any idea as to why the change from the "No Style", "Basic Page Style" selections, or just something I haven't noticed before?

Just something I don't use often, and also see in the Fedora supplied version 102 on my system.

Pardon the noise. :oops:
Linux Desktop - AMD Athlon(tm) II X3 455 3.3GHz | 8.0GB RAM | GeForce GT 630
Windows Notebook - AMD A8 7410 2.2GHz | 6.0GB RAM | AMD Radeon R5
BruceAWittmeier

Re: [Solved] View > Page Style change question

Post by BruceAWittmeier »

It is odd you can select "No style" but you cannot unselect it -- you must select one of the A options. They seem unrelated to each other, other than Font sizes are specified in the .css style sheets.

It becomes Style or pick a font size. << odd

Just noticed different pages give different selection options.

Breitbart.com
- No Style
- Basic Page Style

Mozillazine.org
- No Style
- A
- A+
- A++

.com appear to get the 2 choices:
- No Style
- Basic Page Style

all other sites get the 4 options.
I often take a long windy road to my destination. Upon arrival, I wonder how I missed the shortcut.
smsmith

Post by smsmith »

In the header bar underneath the banner image at the top of the page there is an icon on the far right that is Down Arrow - Letter A - Up Arrow. If you click that icon a couple of times the font size on the page changes. It's the same as using the menu path you guys are talking about.
Give a man a fish, and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he eats for a lifetime.
I like poetry, long walks on the beach and poking dead things with a stick.
Please do not PM me for personal support. Keep posts here in the Forums instead and we all learn.
BruceAWittmeier

smsmith wrote:In the header bar underneath the banner image at the top of the page there is an icon on the far right that is Down Arrow - Letter A - Up Arrow. If you click that icon a couple of times the font size on the page changes. It's the same as using the menu path you guys are talking about.
I'm using Ver 104.0b2 and don't see what you are referring.

I am understanding now better as when you view your email with the yellow banner the images come from various sites, not limited to the site of the email sender. So in the list of selections, the options include all the sites and adds them to the exempt list when you want to view the content.

It is just a curiosity why a different list for .com vs .org and others. Nothing important -- just curious.
I often take a long windy road to my destination. Upon arrival, I wonder how I missed the shortcut.
bjherbison

Post by bjherbison »

BruceAWittmeier wrote:It is just a curiosity why a different list for .com vs .org and others. Nothing important -- just curious.
The styles come from the page itself. The source code on this site includes:

<link href="./styles/prosilver/theme/normal.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" title="A" />
<link href="./styles/prosilver/theme/medium.css" rel="alternate stylesheet" type="text/css" title="A+" />
<link href="./styles/prosilver/theme/large.css" rel="alternate stylesheet" type="text/css" title="A++" />

Firefox takes that and generates the View / Page Style menu.
BruceAWittmeier

Ah-ha. Looks like the browser gives you the "no styles" and "basic page styles" so you can turn them off and the site may or may not offer the 3 A's.
Never knew they came from the page.
Thank you.