Let's tray again...TB on Big Sur

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Thunderbird
Rigido

Let's tray again...TB on Big Sur

Post by Rigido »

Hi Birds,
after I read that TB finally can access OS X Contacts I decided to give it a try so, as an old Firefox Nightly user, I downloaded latest TB Beta (93.b3) on my Retina 27" iMac.
On the first start:
  • Can't import account settings from Mail.app
  • Can't import old mail from Mail.app
  • Ugly appearance
I didn't give up and started to make some searches and:
  • It is not a great deal, I had to add it manually but it would be a great option.
  • I had to export mail to MBOX files and import using and add-on (ImportExport Tools NG, latest build from GitHub not the one on official site)
  • Fonts are a mess, somewhere font is smaller than system font (i.e. the menu font) but if you open the "Settings" panel it is readable and font looks right. Almost everywhere interface looks squeezed, with small tabs and an unreadable thread panel.
    I tried using custom userChrome.css to change font-size and height of the threadTree, working with advanced settings like font.size.systemFontScale or layout.css.devPixelsPerPx but it is not an easy way
Did someone already deal with font issue?

Thanks.
Ciao,
Rigido.
Rigido

Re: Let's tray again...TB on Big Sur

Post by Rigido »

Just a quick update...
userChrome.css as simple as:

Code: Select all

/* Global UI font */
* { font-size: 10pt !important;
} 
did the trick!
Fonts are harmonious and interface looks overall less squeezed, no need to mess with "height" property.
I think that default dark theme needs some more "love" so I installed "Dracula Theme" and things are getting better.
I was fighting with folders with sub-folder export/import, I found on the "ImportExportTool NG" GitHub page that Mail.app exported mbox files need a fix and there is a pyton script to download.
Is there any way to "Mark folder AND sub-folders as read"? I found an old add-on that doesn't work on 93.

Now TB looks like other apps and I could think to adopt it for everyday use even if I would like to have the code to make tabs and some parts of the interface taller to add extra space between panels.

Thanks.
Ciao,
Rigido.
tanstaafl

Post by tanstaafl »

"Is there any way to "Mark folder AND sub-folders as read""

I'm not aware of anything built-in that supports that. I assume you could do that by manually running a filter in the top level directory if you wrote some javascript code for one of the actions supported by the FiltaQuilla add-on.

https://addons.thunderbird.net/en-US/th ... ltaquilla/
https://quickfilters.quickfolders.org/filtaquilla.html
WaltS48

Post by WaltS48 »

Rigido,

Did your 93.0b3 update to 97.0b3, which is the current beta release?
Linux Desktop - AMD Athlon(tm) II X3 455 3.3GHz | 8.0GB RAM | GeForce GT 630
Windows Notebook - AMD A8 7410 2.2GHz | 6.0GB RAM | AMD Radeon R5