v112 Quick Filter toolbar

Discussion about official Mozilla Thunderbird builds
Gone Postal

v112 Quick Filter toolbar

Post by Gone Postal »

I don't use the Quick Filter toolbar but it looks as if it appears by default in v112. If I go to View > Toolbars and disable it, it disappears but when I next reload v112 it is back again.

Any way to change the default behaviour and hide the bar automatically?
Snake4

Re: v112 Quick Filter toolbar

Post by Snake4 »

Gone Postal wrote:I don't use the Quick Filter toolbar but it looks as if it appears by default in v112. If I go to View > Toolbars and disable it, it disappears but when I next reload v112 it is back again.

Any way to change the default behaviour and hide the bar automatically?
iv'e noticed that with 113 as well, its a PITA that i always have to disable it again an again, bad design, is there a config in about:config you can change to perm disable it? if so i dunno what one
smsmith

Post by smsmith »

I got tired of the same and add the quick filter button to the toolbar so I could at least only have to hit a button to turn it off.

I'm sure it's just a bug at this point as the quick filter does not auto-enable in Release.
Give a man a fish, and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he eats for a lifetime.
I like poetry, long walks on the beach and poking dead things with a stick.
Please do not PM me for personal support. Keep posts here in the Forums instead and we all learn.
wsmwk

Post by wsmwk »

Snake4 wrote:
Gone Postal wrote: iv'e noticed that with 113 as well, its a PITA that i always have to disable it again an again, bad design, is there a config in about:config you can change to perm disable it? if so i dunno what one
I don't see how you would know it is "design", since you weren't in on the design.

Anyway, it's just a bug. Betas have bugs. Betas have bugs that get fixed. That's part of the purpose of having a beta.
Gone Postal

Post by Gone Postal »

wsmwk wrote:
Snake4 wrote:
Gone Postal wrote: iv'e noticed that with 113 as well, its a PITA that i always have to disable it again an again, bad design, is there a config in about:config you can change to perm disable it? if so i dunno what one
I don't see how you would know it is "design", since you weren't in on the design.

Anyway, it's just a bug. Betas have bugs. Betas have bugs that get fixed. That's part of the purpose of having a beta.
Don't know how the bad design bit has been attributed to me. If you check my original post at the start of the thread you will see that it has no relation to what appears under my name in the next posting. However, the posting by @Snake4 which you quote has now suddenly revised itself to show the correct quote and format. The problem is fixed in 114b anyway so thanks to the team for that.