wORKING THE sEAMONKET AND FIREFOX

Discussion of general topics about Seamonkey
write_again

wORKING THE sEAMONKET AND FIREFOX

Post by write_again »

My vision has gotten worse this year, So I have started using Firefox and Seamonkey. Since I am using Firefox more often, I wantd to move my bookmarks and passwords over to Firefox. Can't be done. Firefox does have a tool to import bookmarks from another browser. It works with Edge, Chrome but not Seamonkey. The Firebox board already has a question on how to move passwords to Firefox from Seamonkey. They reply that Seamonkey is not supported.

Another reason I am moving away from Seamonkey is the list of sites that cannot work with Seamokey now include: Safeway stores, Chase Bank, Parts of Walmart. CVS (The search box disappears off some of the pages) , and Youtube doesn't allow some vids to play on Seamonkey.

Sure, you could ask youtube to fix it, but it is owned by Google, and they have a reason to push their own browser. As far as asking the other sites, those that do respond suggest I switch to Firefox or some other browser that works.

Just a suggestion... Start addding passwords and book marks to othr browsers now. You do
not want to do it all at once later.
DanRaisch

Re: wORKING THE sEAMONKET AND FIREFOX

Post by DanRaisch »

Since I am using Firefox more often, I wantd to move my bookmarks and passwords over to Firefox. Can't be done.
Sure it can.

In SeaMonkey use menu path Bookmarks->Manage bookmarks->Tools->Export bookmarks to HTML->give the output file a name->click the Save button.
In Firefox use menu path Bookmarks->Manage bookmarks->Import and backup->Import bookmarks from HTML.
write_again

Post by write_again »

That is extra nice of you. I appreciate you taking the time to add a solution.

I am using Firefox 94.0.1

The Firefox options for importing passwords and bookmarks are:
Edeg
Edge legacy
Internet Explorer
Chrome
Chromium

HTML is not one of the options.

However, making an HTML LIT pf the bookmarks is a great idea!! Thank you.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

No, you went a menu layer too deep. Look at the third line of the displayed menu in this screen shot: