Bolding of Account Folders when new message - inconsistent

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
dbish

Bolding of Account Folders when new message - inconsistent

Post by dbish »

Greetings.
Strange request here. I am using Thunderbird 45. I have a number of email accounts. Most are polled by TB and when a message comes into the account-named folder I have a message rule that says transfer the message immediately to Local Folders. When that happens the relevant local folder (like Friends or trash or inbox) will also be bolded indicating a new message. All good so far.

My question is about the account-named folders. When message come into my main email account the account-named folder is bolded, the messages are immediately transferred to Local folders and the account folder loses its bolding. FWIW, i do not have this account set for polling (based on time) by TB but I use manual polling.

All the other email accounts will get a message, the account-named folder becomes bolded, message gets transferred to Local Folders, and the account-named folder KEEPS its bolding. There are no longer any messages in any of the sub folders of the account-named folder but it is bolded until I click on any of the sub-folders to clear the bolding. FWIW, I generally have these accounts to poll every 10 minutes although manual polling doesn't seem to help.

As far as I can tell, I have the settings identical for all my email accounts but I get different results.

Does anybody know where the settings are that control the bolding of account-named folders?

Thanks

Dave
DanRaisch

Re: Bolding of Account Folders when new message - inconsiste

Post by DanRaisch »

How are the accounts set up in Thunderbird, as POP or IMAP? Find out using menu path Tools->Account Settings->Server Settings->Server Type at the top right of the dialogue.
dbish

Post by dbish »

All the accounts (one that successfully de-bolds as well as other that do not de-bold are IMAP accounts
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

On one of the accounts that does not "de-bold", right click on the name of the Inbox folder and select "Properties" then on the "Repair folder" button. See if there is a resolution for that particular account.
dbish

Post by dbish »

Good idea. I just tried it but there was no improvement in the problem.