Sending emails blocked

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
cullism

Sending emails blocked

Post by cullism »

My latest email problem is that when I try to send an email via Thunderbird I get an error message tellng me that "Sending of message failed.... Output srver (SMTP) error. The client host rejected: excessive mail use". I have successfully sent emails via my ISP, Optusnet Webmail, so it seems to be peculiar to Thunderbird. This problem is on top of my inability to send emails to one particular address. How can I fix this?
DanRaisch

Re: Sending emails blocked

Post by DanRaisch »

Sending via your ISP's webmail page or Optusnet webmail page does not use the same servers as Thunderbird must use. That is, they are not sending through the SMTP server. Email providers, particularly ISP's which treat email as a cost center, may set limits on the number of messages the user may send in a given time period. We don't know how many messages you have sent or have tried to send.

Who is the email provider from whom you are receiving this error message?
cullism

Re: Sending emails blocked

Post by cullism »

Problem over! A few hours after posting this query I tried again and the error was no longer there. Thanks for your assistance. Incidentally, the message only appeared on Thunderbird, not my ISP. Would what you told me explain why I cannot send emails to my brother on Thunderbird though I can send the m via my ISP, Optusnet?