MozillaZine

Firefox & Thunderbird Add-on Converter for SeaMonkey

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
Frank Lion

Post Posted September 21st, 2022, 7:13 am

kjojo wrote:Does anyone know of a toolbar clock extension that works with SeaMonkey? The one on the list (flipclock) is a dead link. And my searches are coming up empty.

TiA!

LCD_Clock_0.4.2.xpi will work after conversion.

The right click menu doesn't work, but you just use the Options for the extension in the Addons Manager instead.
Metal Lion SeaMonkey Themes - Sea Monkey and Silver Sea Monkey
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)

kjojo

Post Posted September 21st, 2022, 9:06 am

Frank Lion wrote:
kjojo wrote:Does anyone know of a toolbar clock extension that works with SeaMonkey? The one on the list (flipclock) is a dead link. And my searches are coming up empty.

TiA!

LCD_Clock_0.4.2.xpi will work after conversion.

The right click menu doesn't work, but you just use the Options for the extension in the Addons Manager instead.

Edit: It DID work without installing the other extension mentioned in the 'about'. I just needed to manually customize and place it into my toolbar #-o

Thank you so much!!

I converted and installed but it wasn't displaying

Then I actually read the 'about' info (sometimes reading isn't my strongest suit), which notes that you also have to install the "date today" extension, which can't be converted. Drat...

Thank you for trying, though!

Frank Lion

Post Posted September 21st, 2022, 10:32 am

kjojo wrote:Thank you so much!!

No problem.

This extension will also show up and work in the Mail section as well - just go to Mail and drag it out of the Mail's Customize Window.

Also, I don't like the LCD effect much and find it harder to read the time, but that can be fixed by going to its Options (the opacity settings don't work) and changing the 'Faded' display font colour from black to light grey. ..and you get this -

Metal Lion SeaMonkey Themes - Sea Monkey and Silver Sea Monkey
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)

kjojo

Post Posted September 21st, 2022, 11:36 am

Frank Lion wrote:Also, I don't like the LCD effect much and find it harder to read the time, but that can be fixed by going to its Options

Yeah, I made mine more of a LED than LCD...

Edit: And just a quick 'thank you' again. Truly a life saving extension as I keep my taskbar hidden so I have more screen real-estate. Meaning, I was constantly losing track of time while working in SeaMonkey (it even has an alarm!).

No idea why it never came up in my searches for "clock" "toolbar clock" etc on the SeaMonkey add-ons page.

davidb_sk

Post Posted September 22nd, 2022, 5:44 pm

Frank Lion wrote:LCD_Clock_0.4.2.xpi will work after conversion.

That's a pretty handy little extension. Thanks for mentioning it!
My current rig: Acer Aspire One D257, ALT Linux (p9 i586), Window Maker (0.95.8), SeaMonkey (2.53.13)

Return to SeaMonkey Support