Calender keeps asking for old username

For discussing the Mozilla Calendar, Sunbird and Lightning projects.
joconnell

Calender keeps asking for old username

Post by joconnell »

I signed up to FastMail using the username xxxxxxx, but subsequently changed my username to my actual name and updated all of the saved authentication details in Thunderbird to use the updated username but I still keep getting authentication requests (for the username xxxxxxx) from Thunderbird saying:
https://carddav-dnnnnnn.fastmail.com is requesting your username and password. The site says "carddav-dnnnnnn.fastmail.com"
I've completely removed my FastMail account (both IMAP email and Calendars) from Thunderbird and re-added them after closing and restarting Thunderbird, but keep getting the aforementioned authentication dialog. All saved userids and passwords relating to FastMail have been removed in Thunderbird's password manager.

Is it FastMail that's providing that username to use to connect to my FastMail calendar? How would I find out where that username is coming from?
[edited to remove unique identifiers]
Last edited by joconnell on November 9th, 2021, 5:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
WaltS48

Re: Calender keeps asking for old username

Post by WaltS48 »

I thought carddav was an address book. No?

Calendars are CalDAV.
Linux Desktop - AMD Athlon(tm) II X3 455 3.3GHz | 8.0GB RAM | GeForce GT 630
Windows Notebook - AMD A8 7410 2.2GHz | 6.0GB RAM | AMD Radeon R5
joconnell

Post by joconnell »

WaltS48 wrote:I thought carddav was an address book. No?

Calendars are CalDAV.
You're absolutely right, I must've read that URL a bit hastily.

I haven't setup any address book or contacts though, so not sure why TB is trying to connect to it :?
joconnell

Post by joconnell »

All fixed, I needed to install a Thunderbird extension to handle CardDAV and CardBook is recommended so I've installed that and all seems to work fine now, with no random FastMail CardDav authentication popups.