How can I transfer profile to new Android phone?

Talk about Mozilla browsers for small devices such as PDAs and cellphones.
avada

How can I transfer profile to new Android phone?

Post by avada »

Hi!

Since ADB backups are disabled (super annoying), and the device is non rooted, I want to know if there's a way to transfer my profile, preferably all of it to the new phones.

If sync is the only way to transfer some data (if even), how do I certainly prevent syncing anything with my desktop browser? Normally I only sync tabs, And I don't want some nasty contamination of my desktop data with mobile stuff or vice versa.
Joseph_

Re: How can I transfer profile to new Android phone?

Post by Joseph_ »

If ADB backups are not an option and your device is not rooted, the best approach to move your profile and data to a new phone is to use a sync service. But, if you do not want to sync your mobile and desktop data, you can turn off the sync option for your browser on both devices. Go to your browser's settings and turn off the sync feature to accomplish this. In addition, you can stop the data from syncing between the devices by setting up a fresh profile or account for your browser on one of them.
avada

Re: How can I transfer profile to new Android phone?

Post by avada »

Joseph_ wrote:If ADB backups are not an option and your device is not rooted, the best approach to move your profile and data to a new phone is to use a sync service. But, if you do not want to sync your mobile and desktop data, you can turn off the sync option for your browser on both devices. Go to your browser's settings and turn off the sync feature to accomplish this. In addition, you can stop the data from syncing between the devices by setting up a fresh profile or account for your browser on one of them.
I have a problem with being unable to log into sync on fennec, because the login page is broken and only shows a spinner. So I can't sync it with other devices, browser instances.