2.53.9b1 pre Sanitzer changes

Discussion about Seamonkey builds
frg

2.53.9b1 pre Sanitzer changes

Post by frg »

If you currently use Bills unofficial builds from https://www.wg9s.com/comm-253/ please be aware that the next 2.53.9b1 pre version posted will contain a possible risky change.

I landed the preliminary patches for Bug 1621445 Browser history not cleared during SeaMonkey shutdown

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1621445

The migration code will delete a set "clear on shutdown" preference so that you have a chance to back up your profile before testing.

As far as I see it all should be good but with all the different configurations floating around I would not rule out problems.

The dialog now has an optional time range you can select but unfortunately not all items will honor this (same as in Firefox).

FRG
ndebord

Re: 2.53.9b1 pre Sanitzer changes

Post by ndebord »

frg wrote:If you currently use Bills unofficial builds from https://www.wg9s.com/comm-253/ please be aware that the next 2.53.9b1 pre version posted will contain a possible risky change.

I landed the preliminary patches for Bug 1621445 Browser history not cleared during SeaMonkey shutdown

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1621445

The migration code will delete a set "clear on shutdown" preference so that you have a chance to back up your profile before testing.

As far as I see it all should be good but with all the different configurations floating around I would not rule out problems.

The dialog now has an optional time range you can select but unfortunately not all items will honor this (same as in Firefox).

FRG
FRG,

Will that be the 5/30 version that is there now?

Tks,

Nick
-N- Si vis pacem, para bellum
FrameWork, SeaMonkey(64-bit),Windows 10 Pro (X64- 21H2), WinPatrol, Malwarebytes & Panda Dome
frg

Post by frg »

Yes this one should have it. I tested extensively and don't see problems. As a bonus it now correctly clears local storage under Offline Website Data which, as of now was broken for a long time.
Careful with Site preferences which is new. It clears all permissions and individual website settings like download location and zoom level.

As with Firefox not all settings honor the new range. In this case everything is cleared. It is the same in Firefox too but I am thinking of doing a follow-up change to show which actually honor a choosen range.

FRG
ndebord

Post by ndebord »

frg wrote:Yes this one should have it. I tested extensively and don't see problems. As a bonus it now correctly clears local storage under Offline Website Data which, as of now was broken for a long time.
Careful with Site preferences which is new. It clears all permissions and individual website settings like download location and zoom level.

As with Firefox not all settings honor the new range. In this case everything is cleared. It is the same in Firefox too but I am thinking of doing a follow-up change to show which actually honor a choosen range.

FRG
Frg,

Thanks, I shall try it now and see how it goes. Have to say, for several releases, things have been getting better and better.

Nick
FrameWork, SeaMonkey(64-bit),Windows 10 Pro (X64- 21H2), WinPatrol, Malwarebytes & Panda Dome
ndebord

Post by ndebord »

frg wrote:Yes this one should have it. I tested extensively and don't see problems. As a bonus it now correctly clears local storage under Offline Website Data which, as of now was broken for a long time.

FRG
FRG,

Never noticed as I don't allow offline website data. Will look now!

NIck
frg

Post by frg »

Look for stuff under storage\default\ in your profile. Seems there is now a new type of storage available since a few years already. The old code never cleared this. The permanent ones are usually only devtools and some chorme stuff but the others are domain specific. Need to look into this for the permissions too when I find some time.
ndebord

Post by ndebord »

frg wrote:Look for stuff under storage\default\ in your profile. Seems there is now a new type of storage available since a few years already. The old code never cleared this. The permanent ones are usually only devtools and some chorme stuff but the others are domain specific. Need to look into this for the permissions too when I find some time.
frg,

Somewhere north of 50 megs or so in multiple sub-folders, mainly domain specific, all located underneath the default sub-folder.

Nick
frg

Post by frg »

Looks like this comes from https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1309118

Another thing which we need to look into it seems. Current permissions code does not cover this fully but at least it can be cleared now.

FRG
ndebord

Post by ndebord »

frg wrote:Looks like this comes from https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1309118

Another thing which we need to look into it seems. Current permissions code does not cover this fully but at least it can be cleared now.

FRG
FRG,

I manually deleted this.

Nick