What is the last version of FF that has a full hortzontal Menu bar

Discussion of features in Mozilla Firefox
videobruce

What is the last version of FF that has a full hortzontal Menu bar

Post by videobruce »

Unless I misunderstood, I read that one of these late versions was the last to have a conventional menu bar due to some probable unnecessary change that makes things harder for seasoned users. [-( :roll:

What I mean by a full horizontal Menu bar is one that occupies the entire width of the browser under the Title bar and above the address bar, NOT that lame drop down thing in the upper right hand corner which is useless.
Consisting of;
File........Edit.........History...........Bookmarks..........Tools...........Help
all with drop down sub menus.

Browsers that don't have a conventional horizontal Menu bar (where it's been for 25 years) are poorly designed. Period. Stop 'fixing' something that isn't broke!
LIMPET235

Re: What is the last version of FF that has a full hortzontal Menu bar

Post by LIMPET235 »

Hi, I don't really understand what you are complaining about.

My Menu Bar is exactly the same in all my Firefox versions.
I've never seen them to be any different in any versions.
Always been > File > Edit > View > History > Bookmarks > Tools > Help.
All nicely compacted & grouped together.

I use the vacant space to add some of my extension icons into, where I can easily reach & use them.
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)
xanthon

Post by xanthon »

I have extension icons and bookmarks in the menu bar.
TheVisitor

Post by TheVisitor »

The Menu-bar is still there, its just not shownby default.
1. Press the 'ALT'' key - presto the Menu bar appears, then goes away when you click elsewhere.
2. Use the three-dot menu on the right-side you referenced then click on 'more tools' Now: at the top click on Customize
At the bottom left of the customize page click on 'Toolbars' Now click on Menu bar. This will restore the bar and it will remain.
MarkRH

Post by MarkRH »

Well.. for some reason I didn't know you could drag extension icons onto the Menu Bar.

Now I know.
LIMPET235

Post by LIMPET235 »

Hi Mark,
If you click on the "Puzzle Piece" at the top RHS, you will see the options for all/any of the installed extensions.
Choice of pin to ??? bar, etc., etc.
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

MarkRH

Post by MarkRH »

Hey Limpet,

Yeah, I knew about the Puzzle Piece and the options on it. I just never realized that in Customization mode that you could drag the icons onto the Menu Bar as well as the Toolbar.
LIMPET235

Post by LIMPET235 »

You're welcome for the pointers...

videobruce

Post by videobruce »

Thanks for the replies, but I'm not getting notifications from this forum (and yes I checked my Spam/Junk folder and I use TB as I client. I also check Yahoo Mail directly, nothing anywhere and 'Notify me" is always checked at the bottom of the thread..
LIMPET235 wrote: March 6th, 2024, 11:17 am Hi, I don't really understand what you are complaining about.
I use the vacant space to add some of my extension icons into, where I can easily reach & use them.
Like i said, somewhere, I assume here, something was posted about changes to FF that removed the conventional Menu Bar like was done with Opera and Chrome. Also, since FF has done many times in it's history is to keep changing things making long time users hunt for 'fixes' to restore past functions, especially position of certain bars & tabs etc.
Browsers that don't have a conventional horizontal Menu bar (where it's been for 25 years) are poorly designed. Period. Stop 'fixing' something that isn't broke!
videobruce

Post by videobruce »

Ok, I was wrong about the Menu Bar, BUT there was something with V115. That was the last version that will work with Win7 Pro. :evil:
Agent virtuel

Post by Agent virtuel »

Hello

This parenthesis
This https://connect.mozilla.org/t5/discussi ... /m-p/47527 among other informations
With Windows7 for my part i installed Zorin OS in dual-boot
videobruce

Post by videobruce »

It's not a issue with FF and W10 if you use the newer versions. The issue is with older versions. v115 ESR being the last to work with Win7 (if I understand it correctly)