Firefox not playing videos, specifically on reddit

Talk about Mozilla browsers for small devices such as PDAs and cellphones.
ashoka232

Firefox not playing videos, specifically on reddit

Post by ashoka232 »

I relatively recently switched to Firefox as my main PC browser to use ublock origin, and also started using it on my phone for consistency and keeping logins updated and whatnot. However, I've had some problems with the browser on my phone that I wanted to investigate before I decide to switch back to chrome.

One of the major problems is that Firefox won't play reddit videos when I'm browsing the site on my phone. I'll go to play a video, and instead it's just a black screen that says "Video no longer available". I'll switch to chrome and the same video loads and plays, no problem.

The other major problem I'm having is that I'll go to type something like this post or s comment, and it's like Firefox is hanging up. The text I'm typing won't update for several seconds, and then will suddenly catch up and fill everything in. This is pretty annoying and I'm wondering if it's related to the first problem.

Any ideas on causes/fixes? Gonna have to switch back to chrome if the Firefox Android experience/problems I'm experiencing can't be rectified, so hoping for help

Thanks!
therube

Re: Firefox not playing videos, specifically on reddit

Post by therube »

Firefox won't play reddit videos when I'm browsing the site on my phone
At the same time, does the same play in FF on desktop?

URLs to some of these videos (that don't play)?
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript