What is wrong with Cloudflare?

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
Anonymosity

What is wrong with Cloudflare?

Post by Anonymosity »

Why does Cloudflare refuse to cooperate with any rendering engine other than AppleWebKit? For example, if I want to check the validation of code on a web page, the World Wide Consortium validation page will not work with a Gecko or Goanna browser, only with WebKit because it uses Cloudflare to check security.
4td8s

Re: What is wrong with Cloudflare?

Post by 4td8s »

perhaps you should either contact Cloudfare directly or post in the Cloudfare Community forum about the problem(s) you are having
Anonymosity

Post by Anonymosity »

The community forum will not load with SeaMonkey because of the problem I originally mentioned. I used Safari to load the page and it seems to be geared to customers who are hosting websites.
To use the contact, I would need a Cloudflare account, which I do not have.
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

Anonymosity wrote: June 26th, 2024, 1:26 pm Why does Cloudflare refuse to cooperate with any rendering engine other than AppleWebKit? For example, if I want to check the validation of code on a web page, the World Wide Consortium validation page will not work with a Gecko or Goanna browser, only with WebKit because it uses Cloudflare to check security.
PM UA - https://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopi ... #p14948555

https://validator.w3.org/nu/?doc=https% ... 3D14979870
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
Anonymosity

Post by Anonymosity »

Frank Lion wrote: June 29th, 2024, 5:51 pm
Anonymosity wrote: June 26th, 2024, 1:26 pm Why does Cloudflare refuse to cooperate with any rendering engine other than AppleWebKit? For example, if I want to check the validation of code on a web page, the World Wide Consortium validation page will not work with a Gecko or Goanna browser, only with WebKit because it uses Cloudflare to check security.
PM UA - https://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopi ... #p14948555

https://validator.w3.org/nu/?doc=https% ... 3D14979870
From the first link, the suggested override does not help. I check the "Prove you are human" box and it goes around to the beginning again. The second link just reloads this page.
Cloudflare must be checking the function of the rendering engine somehow. It is not fooled by an override.
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

Anonymosity wrote: June 30th, 2024, 9:58 am It is not fooled by an override.
It is when I do it.

Good luck with solving your problem.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
4td8s

Post by 4td8s »

even some Palemoon users are having some recent problems with Cloudflare as well

https://forum.palemoon.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=31339

so, it's not just Seamonkey alone anymore
Peter Creasey

Post by Peter Creasey »

I couldn't get logged in on my backup PC. It kept asking me to verify I'm human so it could proceed to check security.
. . . . . . . . . . Pete
njsg

Post by njsg »

Check if you can request validation differently. At least last time I checked, they were forcing the Cloudflare checks if you passed the URL as a GET parameter, but if it's done using the Referer (or perhaps the form itself) it bypassed the check.
4td8s wrote: June 28th, 2024, 8:11 pm perhaps you should either contact Cloudfare directly or post in the Cloudfare Community forum about the problem(s) you are having
In the past, their "community forum", proved to be a complete waste of time, because someone in there kept going with a script of "bla bla bla unsupported browser" and the issue was only fixed when someone from CloudFlare read about it on Hacker News...

But it is possible things are better now.
Anonymosity wrote: June 30th, 2024, 9:58 am
From the first link, the suggested override does not help. I check the "Prove you are human" box and it goes around to the beginning again. The second link just reloads this page.
Cloudflare must be checking the function of the rendering engine somehow. It is not fooled by an override.
Usually what happens is that they forget some things only happen in certain UAs and start demanding header behaviours that are not present in most UAs... this is mostly very bad programming from CloudFlare. The main difference is that they seem to have added delays and loop detections to prevent DDoSing themselves.

(Unless things have changed, ClouldFlare has two different checks, the browser integrity check and turnstile. It's possible only one of them fails; although I guess they may want to put turnstile in the integrity check?)
Nuno J. Silva
ElTxolo

Post by ElTxolo »

njsg wrote: July 10th, 2024, 4:14 am
4td8s wrote: June 28th, 2024, 8:11 pm perhaps you should either contact Cloudfare directly or post in the Cloudfare Community forum about the problem(s) you are having
In the past, their "community forum", proved to be a complete waste of time, because someone in there kept going with a script of "bla bla bla unsupported browser" and the issue was only fixed when someone from CloudFlare read about it on Hacker News...
[....]

Image What's really mind-blowing, is that a shitty company like 'Clownflare' (aka: POS) randomly discriminates against different users, for no reason (with absurd security checks & captchas).

Simply, because they use SeaMonkey or others options. That ('Clownflare') do NOT like/approve of because they are NOT 'mainstream' like Chrome Crappola and derivatives
(Edge, Opera, Vivaldi ... etc), Safari, or the latest versions of Firefox ...

Cheers !! Image
How to Ask Questions The Smart Way - How to Report Bugs Effectively ;)
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:91.0) Gecko/20240318 SeaMonkey/2.53.18.2
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:91.0) Gecko/20240722 SeaMonkey/2.53.20 :lildevil:

~
Anonymosity

Post by Anonymosity »

njsg wrote: July 10th, 2024, 4:14 am
Check if you can request validation differently. At least last time I checked, they were forcing the Cloudflare checks if you passed the URL as a GET parameter, but if it's done using the Referer (or perhaps the form itself) it bypassed the check.
What do you mean by "request validation differently"? What kind of setting would do that?